It’s that time of the year again! We’re looking for the cutest, coolest, and most creative costumes out there. Five winners will be selected to receive amazing prizes donated by generous UPW members.
It’s easy to enter – all you need to do is send us a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org of your child or pet in their costume, a brief description, and your Bargaining Unit and Jobsite. You can submit your entry via email, direct message on Facebook or Instagram, or drop it off at the UPW office.
We can’t wait to see all the amazing entries! Don’t forget to use the hashtag #UPWHalloween 🎃
OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Eligibility: The UPW Masks and Magic Costume Contest (“the Contest”) is open to active UPW members, active UPW retirees, UPW staff, and their immediate families. Participants may submit photos of their child (newborn up to 18 years old) or their pet in a costume to be considered for the Contest.
2. Entry: To enter the Contest, participants must provide:
- A brief description of the photo.
- Name of the Bargaining Unit and Jobsite to which they belong.
- Optional: Child’s first name.
Entries can be submitted via:
- Email: email@example.com
- Direct Message: Instagram or Facebook Messenger
- Physical Submission: United Public Workers office, 1426 N. School St., Honolulu, HI 96817.
3. Platforms: The Contest will be hosted on Facebook and Instagram.
4. Duration: The Contest will run from October 16th to October 30th. All eligible entries will be posted on UPW’s official Facebook and Instagram pages within this timeframe.
- To vote, participants must follow UPW on either Facebook or Instagram.
- Voting is done by commenting on the photo post, specifying the number of the picture for which they’re casting their vote.
6. Prizes: SIX (6) winners will be selected to win ONE of SIX (6) prizes. Prizes include FIVE (5) Nintendo Switch game systems and ONE (1) Petco Gift Card. We wish to say mahalo to the generous UPW Members who donated the prizes for this contest.
7. Winners: Winning entries will be selected from eligible photos that garner the most combined likes and comments during the duration of the contest. Winners will be publicly announced on October 31st. The judges’ decision is final and binding.
8. Usage Rights: By entering the Contest, participants grant UPW the right to use their submitted photos for promotional and other related purposes.
9. Disqualification: UPW retains the right to disqualify any entry not in compliance with these rules or deemed inappropriate for public display.
10. Social Media Disclaimer: This Contest is neither sponsored, endorsed, administered by, nor associated with Facebook or Instagram.
11. Miscellaneous: Participation in the Contest implies understanding and adherence to these rules. UPW holds no liability for any issues arising from participation.
Best of luck to all participants!