The Labor Community Services Program, in partnership with the Hawaii Employees Lifeline Program, is offering another round of financial assistance to those who have lost their primary residence and still reside in Maui. This assistance is specifically for those who have been affected by the August Maui wildfires. United Public Workers has agreed to assist in coordinating the application process and distribution of funds to our members.
- Purpose of the Program: This financial assistance is designed to support individuals and families based on their specific needs, the order of application submissions, and the availability of funds.
- Eligibility Criteria: The program is specifically for those whose primary residences were impacted by the Maui wildfires.
How to Access This Support:
- If you or someone you know has been affected and meets the criteria, we encourage you to reach out to your Union Representative. They are equipped to assist with the application process.
- The Union Representative will complete the necessary application for the member who was affected.
- Applications for 2024 need to be submitted even if an application was made in 2023.
- Distribution of checks is scheduled to begin in early February 2024.
- Only one award will be granted per household/address.
- The checks will be addressed to the member and sent to United Public Workers for distribution.
This program represents a ray of hope for many in our community. I urge eligible members to connect with your Union Representative to leverage this opportunity. In times like these, the strength and unity of our ohana are our greatest assets. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need further information.